Thursday, April 22, 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hola Familia!

Que tal? Everything is going great here in IB. I guess I'll start first by answering your questions.

1. President thinks it is best if everything is sent to the mission office. We move around a lot here so he doesn't want have to forward mail places. We pick up the mail on P-Days, so I'll get whatever was sent to me today. I know it doesn't sound to good, but I've realized that not thinking about mail during the week is kind of a blessing. I don't worry about me not getting letters because I dont know if I am or not, so it helps me stay focused and it makes p days that much better.

2. Hahah after writing that last week i knew your were going to ask that. There are 3 sets of missionaries serving in the Otay Rio Branch. It stretches from the border (which is only like 10 miles away) to Chula Vista. Me and Elder Nelson cover the bottom half of Imperial Beach (in case you want to look it up its from Dairy Mart St all the way to the ocean and all the way up to like the 5) and 2 elders cover from Dairy Mart to the border and up a ways and then we have 2 sisters that cover the rest. President likes having us here because we are on the verge of making the Rama a Barrio. So no we don't live together.

3. The living accomadations are fine. We both have a bed and we a bathroom with a shower and a toilet. We have an oven and a microwave and a refrigerador. We have got it all, just not the nice stuff. haha but I like it. It works and it gets the job done, so that's all that matters.

Well let's get to the email. This week had its ups and downs. haha literally. I crashed my bike this week. I was going down hill and just shootin it... going way fast because there is a speed gun at the end and I wanted to see how fast I could get it. I hit a bump and hit some dirt and then over corrected and hit the side of the sidewalk and lost it. It was pretty fun. I hit the ground and rolled. Don't worry mom, I'm not hurt. The worst I got was a scrape on my elbow and a dirty white shirt. But now I'm more careful hahaha. I had to go to the bike shop for lights not for that though haha.

So now it is story time. We were at Carl's Jr. getting dinner and I was filling up my cup and this guy was staring at my name tag. So I went and asked how he was doing and he said he was good and asked why my tag said Jesucristo. I said that I was a missionary for la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias and we were in the area sharing a message about Jesus Christ and families. He said that was great and then went and sat down. But then I got a feeling to go and talk to him more. I told him we were out giving away free DVDs about Christ and asked if he wanted one. He said he would but he didn't have a dvd player. I said that was ok and told him I could bring one and we could watch it together. He liked that idea and we set up an appt to come back. (this was my first solo contact!) So we went and saw him on Wednesday night. We were having a terrible day but I had a feeling this was going to be good. We pull up to the address he gave us and it was a tire shop. I was devestated. We rode around back and I saw a truck with a camper on it and so we went and knocked on the camper nobody came.....So I got the urge to go check Carl's JR. and see if he was there. Sure enough, there was Carlos sitting eating his dinner. He saw me and yelled, "My friend! My friend! Come sit and eat with me!" So we stayed till he was done eating and then went back to his truck. We set up a card table and chairs and watched Finding Faith in Christ on his lap top. He then proceeded to tell us his life story about how he divoreced his wife but it has been a blessing and about how he knows God loves him and Christ does too, but he feels like they have a plan for him and he doesn't know where to find it. We told him that we could tell him what God's plan is for him and he said that would be great. When we were closing up, he looked at me and said, "The other day was one of the worst days I had had in a while. I didn't have any friends here. But then you came and talked to me, and now, now I have a true friend. You are an answer to my prayers." I almost gave him a hug. The holy ghost prompted me to talk to him and I did. Elder Nelson has been out for 21 months and said he has never seen a person so prepared like Carlos. This is what missionary work is all about. I know that once Carlos gets baptized, me and Elder Nelson will begin to have more success. I love it.

Well, I guess I need to wrap up my novel. I will write a letter and tell you about church and about life in San Diego. I love yall and pray for yall every day. Thanks for everything!!!!

Elder Little

p.s. Tell everyone I'm sorry I haven't written lately. I was way busy this past week, but ill try to get some this week.

No comments: