Friday, February 19, 2010

Ross's First Letter...

January 28, 2010 (Ross's first full day in the MTC)

mi Padre y mi Madre,

Hola from the MTC! My stay here so far has been great. My companion, Elder Bean, is a cool guy. He's quiet, but he's starting to come around. My other roommates, Elder Thomas y Elder Regan are real fun to be around. Elder Thomas is from Hawaii.

I guess you are wondering what happened on Day 1 so...

After my host helped me get checked in and took me to my room, I went and met my teachers, Hermano McPherson y Hermana Rivus. They are great as well. Before dinner we had an MTC orientation meeting. When we were seated I noticed everyone started to stand up again. I stood up to see who was walking in. You will never guess who it was. It was President Uchtdorf coming to welcome us and bring the love of President Monson! It was the first time in three years that a member of the First Presidency had come to the MTC. We had more meetings that night and then we went back to our rooms to unpack and meet our zone.

Mom and Dad, I know the church is true. So far we have been taught to rely on the Spirit when we teach and I can feel it everyday in my life. He has comforted me and helped to block out the homesickness so I can focus on how to better teach the people that I made promises to. I love my Heavenly Father with all my heart. I can feel His presence in all of my classes. I can not wait to start teaching. Mi espanol es bueno.

(He must have stopped here and come back later...)

I took a break from writing for the day. I am sitting in my room. Tonight we met our Branch Presidency. We bore our testimonies and then they left and the Zone Leaders came back in. A few minutes later they (The Branch Presidency) came back in and called me out. I met with the three of them and they extended the call to me to be District Leader of my District. It is an exciting position. I'm not sure what my responsibilities are (I have a meeting Sunday) but I know the Lord and Spirit will guide me to what is right. I love yall so much! I feel your prayers everyday and I know yall feel mine! Hasta luego!

Your son,

Elder Little


Hope you enjoyed the first letter we received from Ross! He also included his first prayer in Spanish but it is hand written and I don't know how to read Spanish and his handwriting isn't the best, so I would totally butcher it. Sorry!! I can email it to you if you are really interested. :)

No comments: