Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 22, 2011

Hi Mom Let's get to those questions: 1. How was your week? It was a good week. On Thursday we had a meeting with President Donaldson (Mission President) and President Mitchell (our Stake President). I always like those meetings becasue both of them are 2 of the most spiritual people I've met. We got some assignments from both of them that should keep us busy. Also, we got 7 referrals this week whcih is almost unheard of. It just proves that when you ask the Lord to bless you with more work and then you go work, he returns. 2. You said you played golf on your P Day last, week, how did you do? Golf last week was awesome. I hadn't played in like 10 months, but I did pretty well. It was a Par 3 course, and I finished the day with 2 birdies on the front and then 5 pars on the back. I was pretty excited. This week we are playing basketball. My zone got challenged by another zone, so we have to go represent the Sweetwater. 3. How did you like the tattoo sleeve? (I sent Ross a St. Patrick's tattoo sleeve as a gag gift) I loved the tattoo sleeve. It cut off the circulation in my arm a little bit, but other than that it was awesome. It helped me play better and now I blend in when I go out in my area. hahah, no, dont worry mom, I dont wear it proselyting. This week was really good. Our investigators told us that they just want to be baptized. We are still waiting for his divorce to be finalized and them to be married. They are really mad at their lawyer because he is taking so long in the process. There are no kids involved, no money, it should be easy. But they are really excited and the bishop is doing a great job at fellowshipping. He personally invited their family over for a FHE last night and then called us to invite us haha. That is how fellowshiping should be. Speaking of, when i get back, i want to start having FHEs again. We had them before, but being out here and going to one every monday night, i miss it. We had another Mission President's Fireside on Sunday. They are really great. There is a missionary choir that sings, different missionaries who perform musical numbers. Then like 3 or 4 recent converts bear testimonies and then President shares something at the end. It is way powerful. I suggest that our stake try to organize something like that. It is a great things for members to bring their friends to so they can feel the spirit. Anyways, after, I got see a lot of my RC (former companions) and other members from around the mission--its was awesome. The LA in IB, Carlos, is turning in his mission papers this week and all of his family is now active in the church again. His little bro, Guillermo, came and told me that he was coming back because of me and Gunnell and his brother's example. It was awesome! Things are going really well. Things are starting to pick up. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts, I definitely felt them. I LOVE YALL Ross A few notes from mom's email chat with Ross: Mom: Remember when we used to play Fruit Basket Turnover in FHE? Ross: The new version of fruit basket turnover is called "Smoothie". Everyone picks a fruit and when you want to mix everything up instead of yelling "fruit basket turnover", you yell "SMOOTHIE" hahaha its a lot of fun. It was fun when I was 6 and now that I am 21 its still fun ahhaha wow....I just realized that 2 months from today I will be 21 hahahah. Mom: I can't believe you have been in Logan Heights for eight months. Ross: Yeah, I was talking with our bishop the other day and he said that they might as well give me a home teacher and put my name on the ward list hahahah. I would totally be ok with that

No comments: