Monday, June 21, 2010

Letter from 6/15/10

Letter from Elder Little, June 15, 2010


que aunda familia? (Sorry, thats my slang spanish haha)

Lets get to those questions:

1. My health is good, I continue to lose weight, and now I can slip out of almost all my pants without un buttoning them haha...I just want to keep going though haha..My comps health this week hasnt been too good, but i will get to that later.

2. Well my interview with pres. donaldson was...interesting, very interesting.....but i will tell you more about that in the email haha (love the suspense)

Alright the week. This week was not very good at all. Tuesday night, Elder Gunnell got really sick. The flu...so we had to take it easy all week. The good thing was that Elder Hanks and Naylor's license expired, so we had the car all week, so we still got to go see people and I drove all around and stuff. The World Cup is killing us, everyone plans their schedule around the games, so our mornings aren't very eventful. The whole city shut down for the Mexico game...there was no one anywhere when we first started out. Everyone went to Tijuana to watch the game..craziness. So yeah, this week was not very good, we didnt have anyone at church, but all things consisdered with the sickness and everything, it was ok. Then Sunday, Elder hanks and Naylor had 3 baptisms so president came down and attended. As we were going back to the chapel after the ordinances were performed, Me, Elder Gunnell and president were walking back and President asked to speak with me alone for a minute. i was like, "what the heck did I do? I dont remember doing anything wrong? Am I getting ET(Emergency transfered)" So we go outside and he says,"Elder Little, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. And i have an idea that I want to run by you." So i said, "ok, lets here it. haha" and he said, "we have a lot of spanish speaking missionaries coming in this transfer and next transfer that our native speakers. And so i want people to train them that now how we do things here in San Diego, because how we do things here is a lot different than thy do them in the MTC. So, do you think that you would be able to be the leader of an area and train a new missionary if he already knew how to speak spanish?" I was floored..and I think he could tell because he said, "I have the upmost confidence in you, Elder Little. you are one of the best missionaries we have seen in awhile. And this is the beginning of some big plans that I have for you Elder Little." So of course I said that I could do it. I told him, "Well President, it was tough at the beginning of the transfer leading the area because I relied on Elder Nelson too much. But the more that I relied on the Lord, the more I learned. I learned a lot President. So, if that is what you want and what the Lord wants, then that i what I will do." he smiled and said, " you can do it Elder LIttle. I dont know if it will be this transfer or next, but dont get comfortable." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!! 3 transfers in and i might already be training. That is crazy. But I know that it is nothing that I can not handle without the help of the Lord.

I have realized that if you do something by yourself and you do it for yourself, ten the Lord's hand will not be in it and you won't succeed. That is why some missionaries have problems I think. They come out here to recieve the glory of baptizing people and going home and being praised, but they struggle because nothing you do out here is for yourself, it is for the Lord.

So yeah, it looks like I might have the first grandchild in the family hahaha little missionary joke, you probably didn't get it haha

Well,,that it really it. Oh, yeah we have some good investigators right now. Wee had a couple of good experiences with them, but we are tryiing to find more. Luz is good, we had dinner with her and her family last night, they want to go to the temple soon, so we are working to reactivate her brother, he really likes us and we got him to church for the first time in a while. So keep him in your prayers..thanks for everything!

I love yall and love the prayers and mail i get. Elder Hochkiss talked to me today when we picked up the new car. He said, "Elder Little, you are the kind of person that I hated in the navy. Every week, you get 10 things in the mail hahahah" I love it so keep them coming!! Thanks for everything and que tengan buen dia!

Con muchisimo amor

Ross

No comments: